
I am so proud that my children have good attitudes about the new school uniform policy. I actually have to pat myself on the back for that one, though, as we made an excellent effort to not talk down and criticize the decision around our kids. For those of you who know me and Lacey, you know that we both LOVE clothes!! I figured when this policy came out, she would be devastated but she was actually very excited. I was shocked but very happy! I still have yet to hear a GOOD argument for why uniforms are NOT a good thing. I think that is because nobody has one. I think we will see morale among students go up. I think that kids that are against it because their parents are will change their tune once they get to school and notice how good everyone looks.
My only gripe is that we can't wear Crocs. My son lives in Crocs's in the winter. It is so easy to slip them on and get out the door. Someone said its because they have holes in them, but Crocs actually make a completely closed pair! I envision having to buy way more sneakers and Sperry's as wearing them everyday will wear them out fast. That isn't a good thing.
Here are my adorable children--happy as they can be about uniforms that they wanted to model them for a picture at 10:30pm on a Friday night! That thrills me to no end!!





2 comments:
First of all, your blog looks great! Didyou do that yourself? I am impressed!!
Love the uniforms. JM and Strok have to wear them too and i LOVE LOVE LOVE IT because there is no arguing in the morning when it is 7am! It sure cuts down on the $$ too! I don't know if I will love it so much with a girl though! I am like you, love some clothes!
In total agreement with you on this. The most irritating thing is those who complain the most don't even know what their kids are wearing to school most of the time or don't have kids in school!!! I love the page by the way, this way I kind of get to keep up with the kids as they grow.
Post a Comment